Monday, March 9, 2015

Echo Park "Sunny Days Ahead" | Louise Beerens

There are some really fun new collections in the shop right now and I got to play with "Sunny Days Ahead" from Echo Park.  Turn any rainy day into a memorable moment with this bright and happy collection.



My first layout is an 8.5" x 11" and if you are familiar with my scrapping, you will know I love this smaller format.  I applied some gesso through a cloud stencil to slightly obscure the text paper and outlined the clouds with a black Sharpie.    The tag and alphas were from my stash and I fussy-cut the gumboot from one of the elements on the cut-apart paper sheet.







My next layout is a 12"x12" page and I love this one.  I cut the clouds from one of the paper sheets and punched triangles to create the banners.  I used one of the journalling cards from the cut-apart sheet to create both my title and a place for journalling.  Some enamel dots from my stash added the finishing touches rather than my usual ink splats.






Although I have created rain-themed layouts, the bright patterns could easily be used for any theme- think birthdays, parties or just summer fun!




No comments: